Monday 1 August 2011

THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM

Erewash Council has "launched" it's Housing Provision Document on it's Consultation Portal. This consultation will inform the policy which could lead to thousands of new houses in Erewash. Now is the time for people to make their voices heard whilst local policies are being formulated.


NEW URBAN SPRAWL ON STANTON LAND?
The above link should get you on to the document and enable you to make your views known before it's too late.
I have an open mind on the issue. If there is a proven need for more housing in Erewash fair enough. But that housing should be in the best possible places. Just dumping housing down at the Stanton site will add more pressure on existing town centres. I believe any new houses ought to be built where they strengthen, not weaken, the economic viability of present shopping areas. I shall certainly have my shout and I hope many others do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment