Tuesday 26 April 2011

STILL GOING FOR A BURTON


BURTON COURT RUBBISH MOUNTAIN

Having reported the gross accumulation of refuse at Burton Court, Regent Street, Long Eaton, many days ago to Erewash Borough Council. I had had one of those strange conversations with the Erewash receptionist which lingers in the mind. Something on the lines of  "I'll enter it as a call for service" was the response. From which I assumed that it wouldn't be entered as a "complaint" because complaints are a bad thing and show up on the Councils figures. Whereas a "call for service" is rather neutral and doesn't reflect badly on the Council. Erewash Environmental Health Department were quickly on the case and I received a call from them and a promise I would be kept up to date with the situation. I have heard nothing since.
Lo and behold when I went to do a check on the problem, the smelly mountain had grown even bigger. What is strange is that apparently Erewash should collect this domestic waste so they must have known about the accumulation in the first place. What the heck is going on! The rats must have had a happy Easter. I feel another "call for service" coming on......  

No comments:

Post a Comment